Washington Gas Energy Services, Inc. (Herndon, Virginia)
Tired of Freelance work?
Are you looking for...
- A stable company that has continued to grow at a steady pace for the past 13 years, that demonstrates a commitment to renewable energy, offers an environmentally friendly office, and values, recognizes and rewards employees?
- A career in the energy industry that allows you to apply your strong business and marketing knowledge along with your excellent writing and communication skills?
- A full time permanent job that provides you with steady income and excellent benefits?
- A work environment that allows for a flexible schedule including telecommuting; where you work hard yet maintain a work/life balance?
If so, WGES is the company for you!
WGES is one of the largest competitive providers of electricity and natural gas in the mid-Atlantic region, and supplies over 280,000 customers in Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, the District of Columbia and Pennsylvania. WGES is a subsidiary of WGL Holdings and an affiliate of Washington Gas, which has been in business for over 160 years. WGES focuses on selling natural gas and electricity, including wind and solar generated electricity to both commercial and residential customers. We are a medium sized organization with over a billion dollars in annual revenue.
In this integral role you will:
- Provide administrative, marketing and writing/scripting development as well as production support for the following WGES marketing and sales activities:
- Direct mail, telemarketing, and email campaigns
- Training materials
- “Welcome?communications and other customer service-related correspondence
- Monthly mass market renewals
- Monthly mass market pricing
- Mass market sales materials and contract documents in coordination with field sales operations
- Adherence to SOX 404 contract requirements and rule compliance by jurisdiction
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in a professional office environment including at least 5 years of relevant marketing support experience
- BS/BA in business, marketing, management, or related discipline
- Top notch writing skills with proven ability to draft accurate, concise and appealing marketing pieces
- Superior proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Strong follow-through and sense of ownership along with an aptitude for building successful relationships with employees of all levels
- Ability to be self motivated and maintain a positive attitude while performing in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Highly motivated team player
- Proven capability for developing and implementing problem resolution strategies
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Powerpoint and Excel; proficiency with, network and internet applications
- Strong process-orientation with outstanding organizational skills and the utmost attention to detail
- Ability to successfully execute complex process-oriented tasks while making appropriate business decisions
- Strong research and analytical skills preferred
- Experience in energy sales/marketing or an entrepreneurial environment preferred.
- Requires occasional travel in the Baltimore and Washington metropolitan areas
The extraordinary employee experience.
To learn more about the extraordinary employee experience at WGES, how it is distinct from other companies, review our benefits and view the full position description for this role, please visit our website at www.wges.com
If you are the right person for this job, send a letter matching your qualifications to those listed above with your resume to email@example.com or fax to 703-793-7590. If selected for a phone interview, please plan to send us 2 writing samples. To be considered for this position, include your salary history and specify Job Code “MC SUN?
WGES is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace. EOE M/F/D/V
Posted March 7, 2010; Closes April 22, 2010
RETURN TO JOB POSTINGS
Cyber Search will show
you where all the writing jobs are!
to top of page
New Job Links
*Disclaimer: I try
to get the best writing jobs
I can find but I
can't guarantee a job is still available. And I
can't vouch for the credibility of those who post
jobs. Use at your own risk.
Laughing Sun| Cyber
Oasis| Send a comment|